Technical Writer (DBN) (HLR6637)
Remuneration: Market related
HLR Reference #: HLR6637
Environment: Large Corporate
Purpose of the role:
Transforming complex and technical content into simple, clear messages that are easy to understand for the target audience.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A minimum of 3 years technical writing experience.
- An excellent command of the English language, with sound self-review skills and attention to detail.
- Good understanding of technical content principles and methodologies.
- CSS, XML and HTML knowledge advantageous.
- Relevant qualifications.
- Brainstorming with other team members about content strategy and communication.
- Documenting the subject from a user’s perspective.
- Translating highly technical information into detailed, logically structured, concisely written documentation.
- Producing and incorporating all forms of relevant media types into the documentation. For example, video, diagrams, text, and images.
- Ability to adapt and deliver content across various platforms, such as online, mobile, e-learning and print solutions.
- Ability to work in high pressure deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team.
If you do not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful. All qualifications and certificates will be verified. Our Client reserves the right not to fill the position. Candidates may be expected to undergo psychometric testing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide the evaluation results.
Consultant: Wanda Corbett