Technical Specialist – IT Monitoring Integrations (PTA) (HLR6829)
Remuneration: Market related
HLR Reference #: HLR6829
Environment: This is a specialist role responsible for development, implementation and maintenance of Integrations between various monitoring systems, IT management tools, hosted applications, and data sources
Purpose of the role:
- Research and Development relating to new trends in Monitoring, Automations and DevOps
- Implements improved IT processes that have a positive effect on the team’s performance or company’s bottom line.
- Maintains a long-term focus and does not wait until having to respond to a demand.
- Problems and opportunities are anticipated and dealt with immediately.
- Shows foresight to prevent errors or delays in projects/deployments.
- Takes an active involvement in problem resolution and where necessary works after hours to ensure that issues are resolved.
Qualifications and experience required:
- 5 years’ experience with enterprise monitoring solutions for networks and applications, such as SCOM, Nagios, Graphite, Grafana, StatsD
- Solid knowledge of Performance Counters and WMI
- Advanced Linux scripting skills (Bash, Python, Perl)
- Advanced SQL query skills
- Advanced PowerShell skills
- Experience in one or more of the following languages: PHP, Python, Java, Clojure, Groovy.
- Advanced Windows system administration experience or Advanced Linux system administration experience
- Experience with Web Server Services (Apache/IIS).
- Advanced experience working with web APIs (REST).
- Networking: experience with network theory i.e. TCP/IP, TCP/IP packets analysis, DNS, OSI layers, load balancing and firewalls.
- Working knowledge of AWS or Azure.
- Advanced experience working with automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Experience working with Time-Series database technologies (Graphite, Influx DB, Kairos DB).
- Experience working with SNMP MIBs. 337
If you do not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful. All qualifications and certificates will be verified. Our Client reserves the right not to fill the position. Candidates may be expected to undergo psychometric testing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide the evaluation results.
Consultant: Debbie Wilke