Senior PHP Developer (JHB) (HLR6250)
Remuneration: Market related
Work Type: Information Technology
HLR Reference #: HLR6250
Our large technology-focused company requires a self-driven, resilient Senior PHP Developer, to develop and maintain internal administration systems/website.
Purpose of the role:
- Deliver appropriate quality solutions
- Ensure developed solutions meet specifications
- Ensure quality of all releases
- Exceed development and document standards
- Ensure meticulous testing of all software
- Automate tests where possible
- Improve system uptime
- Investigate and improve processes, tools and frameworks
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders at on a technical level
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Degree/Diploma in computer programming and/or website programming.
- Min. 5 years’ development in PHP applications (MySQL and/or MSSQL)
- Development of PHP websites (PHP 5)
- Database skills to interface with a MySQL and MSSQL
- Web services, XML/JSON skills and integration experience required.
- PHP frameworks (Zend/Code Igniter) experience – advantageous
- OOP design and implementation experience – essential
- Linux skills – advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Detail and deadline driven
Our Client is an employment equity employer; therefore preference for this position will be given to candidates whose appointment will enhance representivity. If you do not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful. All qualifications and certificates will be verified. Our Client reserves the right not to fill the position. Candidates may be expected to undergo psychometric testing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide the evaluation results.
Consultant: Debbie Wilke