Senior Network Engineer (DBN) (HLR7071)
Remuneration: Market related
HLR Reference #: HLR7071
Environment: A Durban based ICT company requires a resilient, Senior Network Engineer to join their professional services team and provide support to offsite clients.
Purpose of the role:
- To design, implement, configure and troubleshoot Firewalls, Routers, Switches and AP’s
- Get involved in projects and build relationships with clients
- Travel to client sites to identify and remediate networking problems within the LAN, WLAN and WAN
- Share knowledge to upskill colleagues and update knowledge base
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Must have a valid CCNA (at least)
- Valid driver’s licence and own vehicle
- Planned and unplanned overtime will be a requirement
- Must understand of Network security
- Would also like one to have
- FortiNet, Ubiquity (Wireless) and HP/Aruba (Switches & Wireless)
- Well-groomed and professionally presented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- including industry best practices.
- Resilient to pressure and deadline (SLA) driven
- Effective time and task management
Our Client is an employment equity employer; therefore, preference for this position will be given to candidates whose appointment will enhance representivity. If you do not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful. All qualifications and certificates will be verified. Our Client reserves the right not to fill the position. Candidates may be expected to undergo psychometric testing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide the evaluation results.
Consultant: Philisiwe Luthuli