Senior Linux / Unix Database Administrator (DBN) (HLR6308)
Remuneration: Market related
Work Type: Permanent
HLR Reference #: HLR6308
If you are an experienced Senior Linux DBA interested in having a solid work / life balance in sunny Durban, then this is the role for you.
Purpose of the role:
- Database administration – creation, backups, restores, schema updates, support, performance management, troubleshooting, shell scripting to automate tasks
- SAN- installation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Servers – assist with specifications, performance management, installations and maintenance
- Operating systems – installing, maintaining and troubleshooting RedHat Linux cluster services
- Data warehouse; assist the BI team with troubleshooting and maintenance of the data warehouse.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- IT Degree or Diploma
- Red Hat Certified Engineer or MCDBA Certification advantageous
- Linux Server Administration
- Linux Shell Scripting
- Windows Server Administration
- Database Administration (MS SQL, MySQL, Postgres)
- Valid SA driver’s license and own vehicle
- Complex troubleshooting/problem solving ability
- Team player
- Passionate about Linux
Our Client is an employment equity employer; therefore preference for this position will be given to candidates whose appointment will enhance representivity. If you do not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful. All qualifications and certificates will be verified. Our Client reserves the right not to fill the position. Candidates may be expected to undergo psychometric testing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide the evaluation results.
Consultant: Debbie Wilke