Senior DevOps Engineer (Durban) (HLR6732)
Remuneration: Market related
HLR Reference #: HLR6732
Environment: If you want to add value to a company by getting involved in the building, deployment, automating and testing of products, then this is the role for you.
Purpose of the role:
- Participate in project meetings, providing guidance and expertise regarding system options, risk, impact and costs vs. benefits.
- Develop and build effective IT solutions. Provide strategic input into best practice to ensure modules are written in a manner that facilitate automated testing and deployment.
- Build effective scripts/software/tools that facilitate the compilation, testing and release of software applications.
- Engage in routine maintenance of deployment processes and automation.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Relevant 3 years degree or diploma
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a Developer and/or Dev. Oops engineer in a corporate environment
- Thorough knowledge of web-based systems
- Thorough understanding of Agile and scrum processes
- Thorough understanding of TDD, automated testing and testing tools
- Thorough understanding of automated builds and deployment automation
- Team player who thrives in a collaborative environment, but is also able to work alone
- Debate constructively, contribute ideas and challenge decisions where appropriate
- Takes initiative, devising solutions to existing problems without guidance and following through on the completion of these solutions
- Versatile and flexible
- High level of attention to detail
- Logical and analytical thinker
If you do not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful. All qualifications and certificates will be verified. Our Client reserves the right not to fill the position. Candidates may be expected to undergo psychometric testing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide the evaluation results.
Consultant: Debbie Wilke