Senior Data/Application Support Consultant (JHB) (HLR6242)
Remuneration: Market Related
Work Type: Information Technology
HLR Reference #: HLR6242
International Company with offices in South Africa who have developed innovative software for management within IT environments.
Purpose of role:
- Assist in the delivery and implementation of the applications tool set at clients
- Understandi client processes and transform large data sets for multinational scale size clients (JSE and FTSE listed) and process through the tool set
- Client interaction and ownership of various areas of delivery.
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree (Bachelor of Commerce, Business Science)
- Professional Qualification of either Chartered Accountant (CA) or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel at an advanced level (VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, Basic VBA)
- Ability to manipulate and transform large data sets in a timely and accurate fashion
- Ability to work to a deadline and prioritise and manage workload independently
- Initiative and drive of own deliverables while contributing to a fast-paced deliverable focused team environment
- Capability to learn new systems and technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Management and project experience in a Financial Services environment is desirable
- Consulting experience is beneficial but not essential
- Experience in activity based costing and cost allocations desirable but not essential
- Experience of visualisation tools such as Qlikview, Tableau, Power BI desirable but not essential
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure stack
Our Client is an employment equity employer; therefore preference for this position will be given to candidates whose appointment will enhance representivity. If you do not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful. All qualifications and certificates will be verified. Our Client reserves the right not to fill the position. Candidates may be expected to undergo psychometric testing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide the evaluation results.
Consultant: Helen Lucre