Remuneration: Market related
HLR Reference #: HLR7150
Environment: Leading FMCG based in Pietermaritzburg requires a suitably qualified and skilled Senior Commercial Legal Advisor. The environment is fast-paced and highly pressurised.
This is a new role in the business, and you will be responsible for the entire legal function of the company.
Purpose of the role:
- Manage all litigation matters in accordance with agreed to litigation strategy
- Assisting with all aspects of corporate transactions including Mergers & Acquisitions, disposals, restructures, financing arrangements, African expansion, including inter alia, legal due diligences, preparing legal documentation such as agreements and resolutions, project managing corporate transactions, liaising with commercial/corporate attorneys, negotiating transaction documents, etc.
- Assisting with preparing operational agreements
- Research, interpret and preparing legal memorandums to assist Directors in making decisions
- Assume the company secretarial function
- Protecting IP of the Company, liaising with IP/trademark lawyers with regards to managing registration of trademarks and other IP, dealing with any trademark infringements, etc.
- Managing junior legal advisors and make recommendations for training and development
- Educate staff on any legal matters impacting the business
- Cultivate a legal network of available experts
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- B. Comm. / BA LLB (or equivalent)
- Post graduate qualification in Company Law, Tax or Competition Law – advantageous
- Admitted Attorney / Advocate
- + 10 years post articles experience in Corporate/Commercial Law firm or in a Senior Legal Advisor role in commerce
- FMCG and/or commodities trading markets – advantageous
- Analytical problem-solver
- Solid Company Law, Labour Law, Competition Law, Consumer Protection and Commercial contracts experience
- Integrity, honesty and confidentiality are non-negotiable
- Highly organised, with excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines, litigation timeframes and corporate transaction pressures
- Occasional travel will be required to Cape Town, Gauteng and into Africa
To apply please send through your application to: email@example.com
Consultant: Wanda Corbett