Senior Android Developer_HLR6186
Remuneration: Market Related
Work Type: Permanent
HLR Reference #: HLR6186
Environment: Our client is urgently looking for a Senior Android Developer who will be responsible for pushing mobile technologies. Working alongside a team of Engineers you will be involved in the design and building of the next generation of our client’s mobile applications.
Purpose of role:
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Relevant IT Qualification
- 3+ years of object oriented software development
- Contributed to at least one published native Android application
- Demonstrated strengths in Java and the Android SDK
- Google Play services and Android support libraries
- Interacting directly with the Gradle build system
- Producing apps that support as many devices as possible; degrading gracefully where required
- Demonstrated understanding of Google’s Material Design and Android Design Principles
- Confident with an IDE suitable for Android development; such as Android Studio or Intellij
- Working with Agile methodologies including Scrum and KanBan
- Consuming REST services in Android applications
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Secure coding practices
- Using version control systems within teams (such as GIT)
- Creating multilingual and multi-variant applications.
- Experience with RxJava and RxAndroid.
- Experience with TDD, BDD.
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Experience with Git and git branching models
- Experience with OOP and design patterns.
- Experience with Jenkins.
- Team player
- Passionate about mobile development
Our Client is an employment equity employer; therefore preference for this position will be given to candidates whose appointment will enhance representivity. If you do not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful. All qualifications and certificates will be verified. Our Client reserves the right not to fill the position. Candidates may be expected to undergo psychometric testing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide the evaluation results.
Consultant: Debbie Wilke