Mobile Application Developer (DBN) (HLR6273)
Remuneration: Market related
Work Type: Information Technology
HLR Reference #: HLR6273
Our client has an urgent need for a Mobile/ iOS Developer to join their team, in the design of new applications
Purpose of the role:
- Interpret requirements from the product development committee and participate in a team to design products to meet specifications, time, cost, and quality.
- Write applications for web and mobile devices.
- Maintain bug lists and wish lists in the company’s configuration system.
- Maintain a version control system and document changes to a high standard.
- Where applicable software should comply with industry standards and quality.
- Sourcing of software components suitable for the project/product.
- Manage deployment to application stores.
- Identify risks due to changing operating systems.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Degree/Diploma Computer Science/Computer Engineering or Electronic Engineering
- 3-5 years’ solid experience writing mobile apps and web application software
- Full product design cycle experience
Knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Mobile App languages: Java, Objective-C, Swift
- Web app languages: Java, C#, PHP
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Operating systems: Windows, Linux, Android, iOS
- Messaging protocols / systems: MQTT, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ Push notifications, Firebase.
- Ability to work in a team or individually.
- Good technical problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ability to produce documents in good written English.
- Willingness to travel if required.
Our Client is an employment equity employer; therefore preference for this position will be given to candidates whose appointment will enhance representivity. If you do not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful. All qualifications and certificates will be verified. Our Client reserves the right not to fill the position. Candidates may be expected to undergo psychometric testing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide the evaluation results.
Consultant: Debbie Wilke