Remuneration: Market Related
Work Type: Permanent
HLR Reference #: HLR6216
Environment: Large, international, Big Data analytics consulting firm, working within the financial services industry, requires a suitably skilled Java Developer to develop an integration web interface between two BI Products.
Purpose of role:
- Assess operational feasibility and produce specs
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Serve as a subject matter expert
- Develop documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Analyse, design and builds component-based applications in a Web/ Mobile and Enterprise delivery environment.
- Related Bachelor’s degree
- + 5 years’ Java experience; application design, development, maintenance and implementation
- Management and project experience in a Financial Services environment
- Web architecture, design and development tools and languages
- Relational database experience (DB2, Sybase, MS SQL server, Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11i)
- Experience with; Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, Cassandra – advantageous
- Experience with at least two of the following; Visual Analytic tools: Qlikview/Qlik Sense, Tableau, Spotfire or, SAS Visual Analytics
- Consulting experience – advantageous
- Desire to build, own and manage a team
- Interest in BI tools and desire to develop knowledge base
- Network within the Financial Services and Technology Industry – advantageous
Our Client is an employment equity employer; therefore preference for this position will be given to candidates whose appointment will enhance representivity. If you do not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful. All qualifications and certificates will be verified. Our Client reserves the right not to fill the position. Candidates may be expected to undergo psychometric testing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide the evaluation results.
Consultant: Debbie Wilke