IT Monitoring Specialist (Dbn) (HLR6770)
Remuneration: Market related
HLR Reference #: HLR6770
Environment: This role is suitable for a proactive, technology driven individual that is passionate about monitoring and automation within an IT environment.
Purpose of the role:
- Responsible for the for development, implementation and maintenance of integrations between various monitoring systems, IT management tools, hosted applications, and data sources.
- Research and Development relating to new trends in Monitoring, Automation & DevOps.
- Completes all project work as per agreed schedule and communicates progress with all parties concerned.
- Implements improved IT processes.
- Ensure problems and opportunities are anticipated and dealt with immediately
Qualifications and experience required:
- 5+ years’ experience with enterprise monitoring solutions for networks and applications, such as SCOM, Nagios, Graphite, Grafana, StatsD
- Good knowledge of Performance Counters and WMI
- Advanced Linux scripting skills (Bash, Python, Perl)
- Advanced SQL query skills
- Advanced PowerShell skills
- Experience in one or more of the following languages: PHP, Python, Java, Clojure, Groovy.
- Advanced Windows system administration experience or Advanced Linux system administration experience (Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE))
- Advanced Troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Web Server Services (Apache/IIS)
- Advanced experience working with web APIs (eg REST)
- Networking: experience with network theory ie TCP/IP, TCP/IP packets analysis, DNS, OSI layers, load balancing and firewalls.
- Working knowledge of AWS or Azure
- Advanced experience working with automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Experience working with Time-Series database technologies (eg Graphite, Influx DB, Kairos DB)
- Experience working with SNMP MIBs
- Results driven
If you do not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful. All qualifications and certificates will be verified. Our Client reserves the right not to fill the position. Candidates may be expected to undergo psychometric testing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide the evaluation results.
Consultant: Debbie Wilke