IT Infrastructure Specialist (Content Delivery Management) (Dbn) (HLR6769)
Remuneration: Market related
HLR Reference #: HLR6769
Environment: Exciting opportunity to be part of a technology focused and driven company. In this role you will be responsible for designing and implementing effective content delivery solutions as required by the business. This role encompasses solution design, implementation, and support to ensure all product delivery is optimized to any user, on any device in any geographic location!
Purpose of the role:
- Infrastructure Technical Lead focused on Content Delivery
- Product performance monitoring enhancements
- Troubleshooting complex web/content delivery issues
- Implementation of complex multi-CDN environments across a range of products
- Capacity Management
- Drive the migration of all product platforms to a CDN and Multi-CDN enabled architecture
- Research and stay abreast of changing technology in the Infrastructure, Content Delivery, and Web performance landscape.
- Ensure and report on their application-level performance and devise ways of furthering their insight into ways they can improve the performance of their product offering
- Work with the monitoring Core and product teams to ensure that the correct level of monitoring is implemented firstly at an infrastructure level and secondly at an application level.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Strong knowledge of Global Content Delivery Industry (Content Delivery Networks, Application Platforms, Aggregators and Web Performance analytics)
- Well versed in web server technologies (IIS, Apache)
- Strong understanding of HTTP/s (Headers, Response Codes, Cache-Control etc)
- A good understanding of DNS
- Experience in Web caching, Web hosting and streaming media acceleration (RTMP, DASH, HLS) is beneficial
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Automation scripting or development skills are highly beneficial (PowerShell, Bash etc)
- Well versed in IT security concepts
- Advanced knowledge of Web security protocols and SSL
- Sound knowledge of TCP/IP and Routing
- An anything is possible attitude is a must!
If you do not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful. All qualifications and certificates will be verified. Our Client reserves the right not to fill the position. Candidates may be expected to undergo psychometric testing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide the evaluation results.
Consultant: Debbie Wilke