Remuneration: Market related
HLR Reference #: HLR7585
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the position of IT Commercial Analyst, in the Group IT Department based at the Group Head Office.
Reporting to the Strategic Vendor Relationship and TCO Manager..
Purpose of the role:
The successful incumbent will support the management accounting and controlling of the Group IT function, the implementation of financial standards and policies, revision and adaptation of the Group IT recovery model and to support the commercial evaluation, structures and contracting for the procurement activities required for the Group IT Strategy and Transformation Programme..
- Manages Group IT finances and reporting requirements
- Implements a rigorous annual IT budgeting process with suppliers, and manages quarterly profit forecasting
- Manages the allocations and metrics under the current Group IT recovery model
- Develops a transition approach to a Services Catalogue
- Leads and manages the transition to the Service Catalogue recovery model
- Acts as primary point of contact for the Illovo Finance Business Partner and Operations relating to IT financial management,
- Evaluates the current commercial trends and models for information technology infrastructure and systems supply and service delivery
- Evaluates economic, legal, employment, tax and regulatory factors that would influence th4e company sourcing strategy for the execution of its IT strategy and transformation
- Develops, maintains and executes an IT Sourcing Strategy in support of the company IT conceptual architecture and required technology landscapes
- Formulates the commercial requirements for the Group IT Strategy RFx processes required to source third party infrastructure, systems and services
- Leads the commercial evaluation of supplier responses to RFx processes, required clarifications, revisions and the preparation of required analysis
- Supports commercial negotiations during sourcing activities to ensure the delivery of best in market pricing for the company.
- Coordinates specialist input (HR, Legal & Tax) into commercial elements of contract negotiations
- Provides financial and commercial contributions to negotiations with key technology vendors
- Supports the commercial transition activities required during supplier and systems transformation
- Manages commercial arrangements with existing and new suppliers.
- Assesses market practices and cost optimisation opportunities within the company IT infrastructure, systems and services landscapes
- Develops strong relationships with strategic IT suppliers.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Qualified Management Accountant or similar qualification
- 5+ years commercial analytics and financial experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of IT and the business value chain
- Experience in developing financial recovery models
- Strong commercial acumen and business understanding to enable business strategies and goals with pragmatic and innovative solutions
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- intuitive with ability to anticipate and interpret complex issues impacting on functional area, and the flexibility to adapt to developing situations
- Willingness to travel into all areas of operations and suppliers, both within and outside South Africa.
To apply please send through your application to: email@example.com
Consultant: Wanda Corbett