IT Architect (Infrastructure / Data) (DBN) (HLR6713)
Remuneration: Market related
HLR Reference #: HLR6713
Environment: The purpose of this role is to design and implement “best in class” data and IT architecture for the company’s operations, including managing data centres, data security, uptime on their solutions presented to clients, and IT requests internally.
Purpose of the role:
- Responsible for the overall data security plan – including ensuring that networks and authentications are managed securely
- Responsible for ensuring secure and robust transmission and receipt of data across clients. Technologies currently in use are FTP, FTPS, SFTP.
- Ensuring that connections between internal offices and external clients are managed and secure (VPN, ip-sec tunnels etc)
- Provide a robust platform for managing the operation of various data centres and environments. This includes resource monitoring (disk space, compute, memory, bandwidth) and the short and long-term planning of these resources
- Ensuring that the backup and recovery operations of the company’s architecture are robust and are performing adequately
- Provide solutions and options for short term compute, memory bursting using scripting to create temporary clusters
- Provide solutions for load balancing and failover across client facing infrastructure
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Experience with data transfer (FTP, FTPS, SFTP) is required.
- Experience with advanced solutions such as FTE is a plus
- Experience with setup, configuring and management of active directory is required.
- Experience with remote managed architecture is a requirement.
- Experience managing environments in public cloud (AWS and/or Azure) is a plus. As is VMWare and Hyper-V experience
- Some knowledge of scripting repetitive maintenance tasks with PowerShell or similar is a plus
- Understanding of authentication methods such as Kerberos and SSL is beneficial
- Ability to self-manage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to effectively engage with executive level teams
- Desire to work in a flexible environment that focuses on results and rewards excellence
If you do not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful. All qualifications and certificates will be verified. Our Client reserves the right not to fill the position. Candidates may be expected to undergo psychometric testing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide the evaluation results.
Consultant: Helen Lucre