NOC Monitoring Manager (Durban) (HLR6764)
Remuneration: Market related
HLR Reference #: HLR6764
Environment: You will be responsible for providing technical direction for all related systems, processes, analysis, and reporting across IT Monitoring Core, Infrastructure Specialists and Network Operations Centre.
Purpose of the role:
- Developing and deploying tools and data management systems to track indicators across the organization.
- Provide technical assistance to the IT Monitoring Core, Network Operations Centre and Infrastructure Specialists to resolve incidents.
- Represent the company to external audiences to showcase monitoring project impacts and achievements
- Provide crisp execution in the areas of operational support, performance tuning and management for tools.
- Support and leadership to the monitoring team
Qualifications and experience required:
- Thorough understanding of Monitoring Systems (e.g. PagerDuty, SCOM, Nagios)
- Thorough understanding of Service Desk software (e.g. Remedy, Jira)
- Understanding of Monitoring Data processes (i.e. collection, processing, storage, analysis, visualisation)
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience across a range of problem, change and incident management scenarios
- Working knowledge of performance and fault management tools in an enterprise environment such as Elastic Search, Nagios, etc.
- Experience with other scripting technologies (PowerShell, Python, etc.) is an advantage.
- Understanding of Cloud technologies
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with large amounts of data
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Accuracy, attention to detail
- Experience managing a technical team / support team
- Customer relationship-building (internal and external)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and experience
- Ability to motivate and transform teams
- Continuous improvement methodologies
If you do not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful. All qualifications and certificates will be verified. Our Client reserves the right not to fill the position. Candidates may be expected to undergo psychometric testing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide the evaluation results.
Consultant: Debbie Wilke