Head of Collections and Credit Risk (DBN) (HLR6729)
Remuneration: Market related
HLR Reference #: HLR6729
Environment: This position is based at the head office of large group of companies based in Pinetown.
The environment requires a resilient, pro-active, hands-on, strategic leader to assume accountability for applying best practices, procedures and principals to recover delinquent accounts.
Purpose of the role:
- Articulate and implement collections and credit strategies, best practices processes and frameworks into key objectives across two departments
- Ensure legislative policy and compliance
- Responsible for resource management, cost control and budget management
- Manage and develop the collections team
- Responsible for reducing defaulted accounts
- Utilise available technologies to maintain data integrity
- Develop and maintain operational dashboards
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree with Honours, MBA or equivalent
- Extensive financial services collections/credit experience
- Min. 10 years’ strategic leadership in financial institution
- Must have managed a collections team (hard and soft collections)
- Solid quantitative skills
- Experience in a compliance regulated environment
- Knowledge of credit bureau datasets, NCR regulations and collections technologies
- Highly proficient in Excel
If you do not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful. All qualifications and certificates will be verified. Our Client reserves the right not to fill the position. Candidates may be expected to undergo psychometric testing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide the evaluation results.
Consultant: Wanda Corbett