Project Manager – Software Development Projects_HLR6156 Johannesburg
Remuneration: Market related
Work Type: Permanent
HLR Reference #: HLR6156
Environment: Working in an Agile environment, in the role of Project Manager, you will be responsible for planning and managing the delivery of business systems solutions and associated application support services in line with the business’s objectives
Purpose of role:
- Project planning, estimating, executing, implementation and ongoing support
- Point of contact with key business users as well as development staff
- Ability to manage related projects involving different organisational units which may be in different phases;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent business-facing skills. Is well experienced in influencing business user decision making and direction. Takes time to establish underlying needs of business beyond those initially expressed.
- Periodic travel within South Africa
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- A project management certification (Agile) will be advantageous
- 4-6 years project management experience within a software / IT environment.
- Banking experience will be highly advantageous.
- Background in development is essential (C#)
- Multi-tasking and effective time management.
- Attention to detail whilst under considerable pressure.
- Negotiation with difficulty parties.
- Managing relationships at a strategic partner level.
Our Client is an employment equity employer; therefore preference for this position will be given to candidates whose appointment will enhance representivity. If you do not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful. All qualifications and certificates will be verified. Our Client reserves the right not to fill the position. Candidates may be expected to undergo psychometric testing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide the evaluation results.
Consultant: Debbie Wilke