Head of Data Science _HLR6194
Remuneration: Market Related
Work Type: Permanent
HLR Reference #: HLR6194
Environment: This senior position will be responsible for the execution and delivery of data science engagements as well as overseeing the mapping of data movement, data sources, interfaces and analytics with the goal of ensuring data quality within the organisation.
Purpose of role:
- Owning and delivering the data science engagements
- Designing best practice advanced data analytics delivery methodologies
- Manage a team of analytics and data professionals
- Champion data analytics with other senior stakeholders across the business
- Maintain and manage relationships with external data consultants and vendors
- Management of all data sources including implementation of the Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Perform data manipulation and analytics on large datasets using various statistical tools and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree coming from a mathematics or computer science-related subjects, or significant demonstrable experience working with Data
- A technical background in mathematics, statistics, computer science, data analytics or similar
- Proven leadership within Data Science/Advanced Analytics within industry and commerce, with one or more of the following sectors of significant interest: Telecommunications, Marketing, Technology, Financial Services, Retail
- Data management experience including traditional ETL knowledge, data quality, data governance etc.
- Reporting/visualisation e.g. PowerBI, Qlikview, etc
- Experience of Organisational deployment of Business Intelligence solutions including people, process and technology factors
- Experience using statistical and machine learning techniques e.g. regression, clustering, sampling, neutral network analysis etc
- Knowledge of advanced analytics and data science tools e.g. SAS, R, ML Azure etc.
- Knowledge of Big Data platforms, processing frameworks and querying tools will be advantageous e.g. Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive etc
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Passionate about Big Data
If you do not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful. All qualifications and certificates will be verified. Our Client reserves the right not to fill the position. Candidates may be expected to undergo psychometric testing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide the evaluation results.
Consultant: Debbie Wilke