Business Development Manager -Logistics_HLR6155
Remuneration: Market Related
Work Type: Permanent
HLR Reference #: HLR6155
Environment: This manufacturing company runs a large fleet and would need a candidate that is well networked and experienced in fleet management & Logistics
Purpose of role:
- Account management and development.
- The main objective with the position is growth through new business. Someone who knows the transport industry and has a connection with any of the big brokers or transporters will be the ideal fit.
- Fleet and logistics management and optimisation for both the client and the customer.
- 5 years’ experience in Transport environment
- Organise and direct activities to determine the demand for products offered by the group to satisfy the current customer base (Prevention of “Dead runs”)
- Transport Marketing
- New Business Development
- Logistics and transport experience
- Management of annual budgets
- To leverage best practice on service delivery
- Continuously developing and managing the channel and customer base.
Our Client is an employment equity employer; therefore preference for this position will be given to candidates whose appointment will enhance representivity. If you do not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful. All qualifications and certificates will be verified. Our Client reserves the right not to fill the position. Candidates may be expected to undergo psychometric testing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide the evaluation results.
Consultant: Wanda Corbett